Earn Tax Credit To Improve Website Accessibility
Get Up To $5,000 Tax Credit To Improve Website Accessibility
The Americans With Disabilities Act provides that:
“[n]o individual shall be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation by any person who owns, leases (or leases to), or operates a place of public accommodation.”
A partial list of the court cases include:
- Martinez V. San Diego County Credit Union (2020)
- Robles Vs. Domino’s (2019)
- Haynes V. Dunkin’ Donuts LLC (2018)
- Markett v. Five Guys Enterprises LLC (2017)
- Andrews v. Blick Art Materials, LLC, (2017)
- Gil V. Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. (2017)
Internal Revenue Code Section 44 provides tax credit for improving website accessibility.
To qualify, companies must:
- Earn less than $1M revenue in the previous tax year, OR
- Have fewer than 30 employees
The tax credit allows for:
- 50% eligible expenses up to $10,250
- Up to $5000 maximum credit
- Use IRS Form 8826
Our services qualify for these credits.
Advantages to having an ADA compliant website:
- Boost website “health”
- Overall site health has a direct impact on the user’s experience and affects usability, security, and search engine results
- Broaden audience reach
- There are nearly 50 million disabled people. Improving accessibility increases a company’s reach and audience size.
- Improve SEO efforts
- Many ADA accessibility issues mirror SEO best practices. ADA accessibility efforts will enhance potential SEO results.
- Protect reputation
- Proactively demonstrate concern for accessibility and avoid potentially negative social media
- Expand website usability
- Create a more operable and easier to navigate website benefiting all users
Potential Costs For Not Being Compliant
- Fines Can Be Up To $55,000 For The First Violation.
- California UNRUH Civil Rights Act (UCRA) – Civ C. 51
- Minimum Of $4,000
- The California Disabled Person’s Act – Civ C. 54.3
- Carries A Fine Of $1,000 Per Violation
- Court-Ordered Injunction Enforcement
- Attorney Fees to Address Legal Matters
- Opportunity Costs
- Negative Social Media
- Lost Sales To Competitors Who Are ADA Accessible
Who is Emarcom and UNeedADA.com?
Since 1998, Emarcom has provided results-oriented marketing consulting helping businesses maximize their digital marketing efforts. We help businesses generate leads that convert to customers and customers who become raving fans by applying true and testing techniques and strategies we’ve developed for over 20 years. Some of the services we offer include: ADA website accessibility, website audits & repairs, sales funnel design, search engine optimization, social media marketing, project rescue, ecommerce solutions, and more.
UNeedADA.com is a service emarcom provides to address ADA website accessibility compliance.
Emarcom uncovered that our old ad agency wasn’t doing the work they said they were. We had no idea this was going on. Now everything is great!
Turns out, our site had a lot of issues we didn’t know about. We thought everything was great! Thank you emarcom and your team for helping us out.
The sales funnel emarcom put together for us made a huge difference in knowing what and how to fix our lead generation process when our lead count dropped.
Stunning work! We kept pushing off redoing our site because we had no idea how to get started. You made it so easy for us. We love it!
The website you created is getting 4x more traffic than the one we had built prior. Thanks for making our phones ring!
What an upgrade! Our new site looks great and is a lot easier to update. My team and I thank you!
Some emarcom past clients include:
Use our services to claim tax credit.
Emarcom provides ADA accessibility solutions including short and long-term remediation.
ADA Accessibility And Website Management Services include:
- ADA Accessibility w/ Accessibility Statement
- Server Configuration/Settings
- Google Analytics & Reporting
- Page Speed Optimization
- Site Health Diagnostics/Fixes
- Monthly Score Card Reports
- Website Security
- Backup System
- SEO Page Review/Set-Up and Keyword Research
We have three plans, starting at $450/mo, designed to meet the tax credit requirements.
Help your clients improve their website accessibility and earn a tax credit of up to $5,000.
Request Checklist On Next Steps To Help Clients With Tax Credit.
Earning tax credits for improving website accessibility is simple. Request our checklist with step-by-step instructions on how to help your clients improve their website accessibility, avoid potential lawsuits and fines, and earn the tax credit.